YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide personal information when you visit our Sites, use our products, register for a program or service, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or in connection with other resources or services we make available to you from time to time. We do not intentionally collect any sensitive personal information relating to your health or medical history, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, or sexuality; we don’t believe that any of these types of information are necessary to any aspect of our relationship.
Information Collected Automatically
To track how users are interacting with our Sites and improve performance, we may collect information during your visits to our Sites through our automatic data collection tools, which may include web beacons, cookies, embedded web links, pixel tags, and other commonly used information-gathering tools, as further described below. Some of these tools are necessary to the functionality of our Sites, while others help us make your visit to our Sites more efficient by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return. Oakter maintains its own pages on many social networking sites, and we may also collect information from you when you interact with our social networking pages.
Information Collected through our Products
The collection of some data, including personal information, may be necessary to the functionality of your Oakter automation and networking systems. Before you or your designated representative initially configure your Oakter products. When you install our products and systems, we receive information that you or your authorized installer inputs into your configuration project file, which may include:
- The model and serial numbers of the Oakter products installed;
- The version and type of any software installed
- The types of third-party devices services you integrate, including any usernames and passwords that you input;
- The names of the rooms where you have connected devices;
- Your zip code or time zone; and
- Other information about your configuration.
Some of our products also allow us to automatically receive data related to the functionality and use of the system, such as:
- The time, frequency, and type of use of the various components your system;
- History of your device settings including any adjustments you make, data from any sensors built into the Oakter system or the products you integrate into the system; and
- The type of media player you are using.
This project-specific data may be stored along with any account information you provide when you set up an account with Oakter including your email and other contact information. We use this information to help us customize our communications to you, troubleshoot problems with your system or account, and to improve the functionality of our products. More importantly, we use this information to provide the core functionality of your automation system.
HOW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
Oakter may collect and use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you purchase;
- To enable the functionality of your automation system and to personalize and customize your home automation experience;
- To provide you the content on our Sites;
- To improve customer service and respond to requests. Information you provide helps us respond to your service requests and support needs more efficiently and enables us to contact you in response to your requests for product information and support;
- To register your system. Note that we often first receive our end users’ information through the registration of our systems which is often facilitated by the end user’s authorized installation contractor;
- To improve our products and services;
- To process orders, warranty claims and payments from our users, dealers ,and distributors;
- To run promotions, contests, surveys, or similar features;
- To conduct market research about our users to improve our marketing campaigns, content on our Sites, and display personalized ads to you on the internet, including by using services provided by our service providers as described above;
- To allow our technical support personnel or your registered independent dealer to remotely troubleshoot problems with your network or other control systems;
- To contact you by telephone to discuss your account or respond to requests and questions;
- To send you periodic emails. We may use email addresses provided to us to send information and updates pertaining to accounts, purchases, or products. It may also be used to respond to inquiries and requests. If you opt-in to our mailing lists, you will also receive emails that may include company news, newsletters, surveys, updates, related product or service information, and the like; and
- For other purposes based on your consent.
We may also use information in the aggregate to understand how our visitors and customers as a group use the resources provided on our Sites and improve our products. We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners.
We are committed to comply with applicable laws, and where required we will always obtain your consent to the use of your personal information. Other processing of your personal information outside of a consent requirement in law will be solely for our legitimate interest. You can withdraw your consent or object to receiving further marketing information at any time as provided in our communications or as described below, in the Section entitled “Withdrawing Consent to the Collection and Use of your Personal Information.”
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information and project data files are stored on Oakter’s servers and the dedicated servers of companies we hire to provide us with processing and storage services. Oakter continuously evaluates threat and vulnerability data to further understand cyber-security risk. Based on available information, Oakter may adjust its approach to further defend your data. Oakter takes precautions including industry-standard administrative, technical, and physical measures that are designed to safeguard the personal information collected from visitors and customers against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When you enter personal information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies. These technologies are designed to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when it is transmitted over the Internet.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In Connection with an Acquisition
In Connection with Legal Process or Investigation
Oakter may also disclose your personal information to a third party if required to do so by law or if, in good faith, Oakter believes that such action is necessary or in our legitimate interest to:
(i) comply with the law or with legal process or to the extent required to protect national security;
(ii) protect and defend legal rights;
(iii) prevent fraud;
(iv) protect against abuse, misuse, or unauthorized use of Oakter's products or services;
(v) protect the personal safety or property of personnel, users, or the public; or
(vi) conduct required audits or corporate due diligence. In all such cases, Oakter balances any legitimate interest it has in the disclosure of your data for such processing activities against your fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection.
ACCESSING, MANAGING, AND UPDATING THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Oakter takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete and current by using the most recent information provided to us. We respect the rights you have under certain laws and circumstances to:
- Obtain a copy of your personal information held by us;
- Request the correction or deletion of your personal information held by us; and
- Request that your personal information be transferred to a third party.
If you wish to make a request related to accessing, deleting, updating, or transferring your personal information, please contact Oakter as follows:
Oakter Smart Home
D-57, Sector 6, Noida
National Capital Region, India
Uttar Pradesh - 201301
+91 840 171 2443
OPTING-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS FROM OAKTER
At various locations on our App or Sites or social media pages, you have the option to opt-in to receive general communications from Oakter. If you opt-in, you may change your mind at any time and tell us that you do not wish to receive these general messages by
(i) clearly following the"unsubscribe" instructions at the bottom of any email you receive, or
(ii) sending an email to email@example.com
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Effective as of August 1, 2019