The coronavirus pandemic brought to the forefront some very important policies regarding hygiene and safety, which need to be implemented across organisations such as offices, salons, airports, and other such establishments.
These hygiene and safety guidelines are particularly important for schools which have remained shut since March 2020, when the lockdowns were first imposed countrywide. While the government has allowed schools to reopen finally, the institutions must abide by these stringent guidelines. But they are not alone as the parents also have a tremendous responsibility to equip their wards to fight this pandemic.
In such a scenario, what role do the parents and the schools play to help keep their kids safe and away from the spread of the virus?
Sanitization is the Key to Adapt and Succeed in 2021
Let’s look into how sanitization can be a key factor when it comes to adapting and succeeding in the upcoming school year and what can we do about it!
How Schools Can Implement the Right sanitization Techniques:
Hygiene and sanitization go hand in hand and it is a way of life that should be preached from the earliest age possible. Schools have a major role to play when it comes to helping their students learn about the importance of sanitization as well as how to implement the same in a school set-up.
Here are some standard operating procedures or SOPs which can be implemented at a school level by the authorities:
- Implement physical distancing rules and ensure the students keep sanitizing their hands every couple of hours. To make this possible, the hand-sanitizing stations or the automatic hand sanitizer dispensers need to be installed at proper intervals, so that the kids don’t have to travel to another end of the premises simply to sanitize their hands.
- Provide information on how to maintain cleanliness and sanitization of the classroom.
- Everyday cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and objects that are touched often, such as countertops, desks, computer keyboards, doorknobs, toys, taps, phones, etc.
- If any of the surfaces are visibly soiled by blood or any other such bodily fluid, use gloves and proper precautions to avoid coming in direct contact with them. Remove the spill, clean and disinfect the surface.
- Install automatic hand sanitizer dispensers at key points in the school such as entry and exit gates, corridors, auditoriums, and other such key places that are often used by the students.
- Encourage students and teachers to wash or sanitize their hands after coming in contact with
- Teach the students about the correct ways to use automatic hand sanitizer dispensers, by conducting training sessions that highlight the manner in which these devices work and how to utilise them in an effective manner.
- Ask students to come up with creative ways to spread awareness about hand sanitization and personal hygiene in their respective classrooms and communities. Ask them to put these down on a flipchart paper which can be hanged in their classrooms and outside their houses, which will reinforce positive actions because of continuous visibility.
How Parents Can Implement the Right sanitization Techniques:
The old adage was charity begins at home. But in 2021, it stands for sanitization begins at home.
It would not be wrong to say that parents have an even more important role here, in teaching their kids the importance of proper hand-sanitization and how to go about it in a manner so that it becomes a way of life.
Here are certain steps which parents need to take in order to impart good sanitization manners amongst their kids:
- Install an automatic sanitizer dispenser at home and encourage the kids to practice correct hand sanitization methods every time they return home.
- Help their kids understand how the automatic sanitizer dispensers work and the correct method of using them.
- Talk to the kids about what to do once they return to their schools physically.
- Review and practice proper hand sanitization and hand washing techniques at home especially after coughing, sneezing, using public places, etc.
- Talk to your child about precautions that they need to take at school such as:
- Wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- Keep a safe physical distance from other kids at school.
- Wear masks at all times.
- Avoid sharing their personal belongings such as water bottles, books, writing instruments, etc. with other students.
Oakter’s OakMist: The Touchless Hand Sanitizer Dispenser
OakMist is a one of a kind DRDO-approved hand sanitizer dispenser. Manufactured by Oakter, India’s premium home automation brand, OakMist is truly Made in India and an example of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Following are some of the important features that make it one of the best hand sanitizer dispensers available in the market:
- Completely touchless, one simply needs to place their hands under the nozzle and the sanitizer will dispense automatically
- Can be used for up to 1000 sanitization cycles at one go.
- Installed in almost all major establishments of India including multiple airports, many private and government offices, banks, shopping malls, temples, hospitals, and even at the offices of our honourable ministers.
- Available in three variants which have 1.2 litres, 5 litres and 10 litres capacity respectively.
- The product comes with a 1-year manufacturing warranty.
In order to ensure the safe return of our kids to school, we must endeavour together to build and practice the best sanitization processes. Clearly, the key to adapt and succeed this school year is to teach kids the importance of sanitization, bring it to everyday use and not forget to make sanitization easy and accessible not only once they return to school but also at their homes.