There are 6 items in the kit; which can be used to control 3 home appliances.
1) 6amp leaf can control a device which is plugged in a standard wall socket like mobile phone, table lamp, rice cooker etc.
2) 16amp leaf can control a device which is plugged in a high power wall socket like AC, bathroom water heater, room heater etc.
3) 25amp leaf can control any high powered device like an AC
4) Touch leaf is a wireless switchboard to switch on/off above 3 devices.
5) Comfort Leaf has a temperature and humidity sensor to optimize thermal comfort of a room
6) Hub provides internet connectivity to all leaves listed above
Our test customers are mostly using it for Air Conditioners, Lamps, Water heaters, Room Heaters & Rice Cookers. Apart from these, you can also use it for any other electrical device that does not require a soft start every time it's powered on. Devices like micro-waves, automatic washing machines etc require some buttons to be pressed after they are powered on, and wont work well with oakter
Hub is a little box that sits in corner and provides internet connectivity to all the leaves. In a normal house only 1 hub is needed. It has range of 150ft in an open area and about 50ft with walls and other obstructions. It should always remain powered-on & preferably connected to wall socket with inverter back-up
Yes. It actually makes sense to use the same leaf for cooling in summer and heating in winter.
Most of the devices (hub, 6amp leaf, 16amp leaf, comfort leaf and touch leaf) are simply plug-in, not requiring any installation. Only the 25amp Leaf requires a little bit of installation effort. It has 3 input wires (Line, Neutral and Earth) and 3 output wires, (Line, Neutral and Earth) which can be easily connected in the path of any electrical device. If you are familiar with your electrical wiring, you can do it yourself or else call your local electrician to help you with it. We are providing optional installation service for an additional fee of INR 500 for Delhi/NCR region.
There are 4 main advantages :
1) It learns your cooling preference in first week & accordingly maintains the room temperature thereafter
2) It automatically adapts to change in outside weather conditions, hence unexpected rainy nights are not a problem
3) Temperature & Humidity sensor are close to bed instead of being inside the AC
4) Sleep mode is built-in, no need to haggle with complicated timers & AC settings
All standard ACs maintain a constant output air temperature (Surprise!) no matter what setting you have done with your remote!
They maintain your room temperature at your preferred setting (which is displayed on your AC) by shutting down the compressor occasionally. The only difference with Oakter is that it also shuts the AC fan off, but that has absolutely no effect on the life or performance of the AC.
Up to 5 users can control all the devices in one home
Windows app development is now paused. We currently have no plans to support Blackberry OS
Return Policy: We follow a no questions asked return policy (for a fully functional product) within 15 days of purchase. For all returns, you must pack your Oakter product in its original packaging and include all accessories and documentation. We reserve the right to charge for any damage to the Oakter products, and missing part fees (if applicable) may apply. You will be responsible for all return shipping charges and shall assume all risk of loss or damage to product while in transit to us.
Warranty Policy: We provide a one year warranty for manufacturing defects from the date of purchase. We will provide a replacement in case of any defects. Replacement products may be new or refurbished at our discretion. This warranty does not apply to: (i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks, stains, cracks and dents; (ii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or any other acts of nature or external causes; (iii) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Oakter